Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thank you to the 6,387 voters who believed in me!

Thank you so much to everyone who went to vote yesterday, and to the 6,387 voters who believed in me. Although this was not enough votes to win in the long run, I am humbled by all of those who had the confidence in me that I could be the State Senator for District 28.

OK, it was not the kind of victory we had hoped for, it did not turn out how we had planned. But it is a victory in so many other ways!

1. We made a republican candidate in Southern Utah run a real campaign! Had I not run, he would have walked into the seat without doing any of the hard work.

2. We have begun building some great momentum for the future. We have done more in Southern Utah than anybody ever expected, and I think that speaks volumes of where we can go.

3. I have learned more about myself than I imagined possible. I learned that a. I am a great fundraiser; b. that I can hold my own in a room full of good ole boys; and c. I can do anything without fear.

Please do not look at this as a loss! It is a victory!

The Female Democrat from southern Utah got almost 30 percent of the vote in the REDDEST of RED areas of the REDDEST of RED states in all of America. In Iron County, I pulled 32 percent, which is better than anyone expected.

Thanks to all of you for believing in me. You haven't seen the last of me in Utah politics.

But first, I'm going to Disneyland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home